Which Remodeler is Right for You?
Steps to take when choosing a professional home remodeler:
If you own a home, no matter what its age, sooner or later you may join the millions of people who remodel their homes each year. The reasons for remodeling homes are as varied as the projects themselves, but generally we choose to remodel to add comfort, convenience, space, and, ultimately, value to our Dunwoody, Atlanta, or Alpharetta homes.
If you are like many other home owners in Atlanta who have undertaken a remodeling project, you had to make many decisions related to the project. Details like what kind of project you want to do, how you will use this space and how much money you are willing to spend must be thought-out and communicated to your contractor to avoid any confusion down the road. So how did you go about finding a home remodeler to do your project?
Finding a remodeler who is right for you will take some time and planning, but it is worth the effort when you are satisfied with the completed project. To begin your search:
• Seek referrals from friends, family, neighbors and coworkers who have had remodeling work done and ask them if they would hire the remodeler again.
• Contact local trade associations for a list of their members.
• Check with the local building inspectors to verify the remodeler is properly registered.
• When you begin to interview a home remodeler, keep in mind that you are buying a service rather than a product. The quality of service the remodeler provides will determine the quality of the finished project and your satisfaction with it. Take a look at the remodeler’s business and management experience.
• Does the remodeler have a trustworthy reputation in the community, with previous customers and with local building supply companies?
• Does the remodeler carry insurance that protects you from claims arising from property damage or jobsite injuries?
• Is the remodeler an active participant in his or her industry’s trade organizations? Membership in trade organizations indicates a remodeler’s commitment to professional-quality construction that meets or exceeds industry standards and practices?
• Any kind of construction credentials indicate that they have met a set of educational requirements and follow a strict code of business and professional ethics. Finding a qualified professional remodeling contractor like Norm Hughes Homes in Dunwoody, Atlanta, and Alpharetta for your home improvement project doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Give us a Call!